September 23, 2014
Simplicity in the bathroom means cleaner, brighter and roomier. We’ve got some pretty effective and easy steps for you to follow, starting with your feet!
- When your flooring plan incorporates a larger tile installed on the diagonal it creates an illusion of spaciousness.
- White and lighter neutral shades also make it appear brighter and airier.
- Keep as little as possible on the countertops. The item-specific drawers that keep every item in its place help simplify the process. The same goes for doors – install pullout shelving.
- Simple wall sconces and pendant lighting also streamline your design.
- Whether your tub is standard, sunken or claw-footed, white, unadorned design will see it through several decades and color schemes.
- Your shower should be seamless – the less hardware showing, the better.
- The same goes for sinks and commodes.
- Vanity cabinetry with straight-line framing and press-release doors keeps it minimalistic and sleek.
The Benefits of Minimalist Bathrooms
When you pare it down, minimalist bathrooms are a smart investment. You don’t have to keep reinvesting in new design every eight to ten years. With very few changes, money spent in this bathroom more than pays for itself, as in, ROI (return on investment).
Sparing the frills and fuss does not equate to a boring bath. The expression, "Less is more" is the perfect way to describe these types of bathrooms. They give a sense of richness in their minimal design. They can turn even the smallest of bathrooms into a spa-like environment, using this scaled-down approach to create an oasis of calm in an uncluttered space.
Schrapper’s Fine Cabinetry and Design has produced a number of sleek bathrooms for their clients. The results are always amazed delight at how simplicity can create a breathtaking bathroom.